I am a non-typical Memphian. I don't eat meat and i live in the barbecue capital of the world... I am the captain of the Memphis Roller Derby home team the PrissKilla Prezleys and i also play for the Memphis travel team the Hustlin' Rollers. I am a graduate student studying psychology (behavioral medicine). I also practice Bikram Yoga. When asked to classify myself, i tell people i am a clean hippie. i carry reusable bags with me for trips to the market. i want to ride my bicycle everywhere (which is impossible to do in this city), recycle, rescue stray dogs, and play outside. I have been a vegetarian since age 11 and went vegan at 25.
"To be a vegetarian is to disagree; to disagree with the course of things today. Starvation, world hunger, cruelty, waste, wars-we must make a statement against these things. Vegetarianism is my statement. And I think it's a strong one." ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer
No comments:
Post a Comment